Helpful Dental InformationDumont, NJ
At Nova Pediatric Dentistry, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Dumont, NJ patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (201) 812-2952.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Nova Pediatric Dentistry, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Nova Pediatric Dentistry, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Dumont office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Nova Pediatric Dentistry, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Dumont
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Make sure you include a children’s dentist in your child’s health care regimen. You care about your child’s well-being, so do not neglect their oral health. A qualified dentist can help your kid maintain strong, healthy teeth and gums. When you take your son or daughter to the dentist’s office, you can get an accurate…
Now that your baby’s first teeth are starting to appear, it is time to start thinking about when to book an appointment at a pediatric dentistry office. By now, you are used to going to the dentist yourself, but this new experience for your child may make you anxious. Luckily, there is nothing to fear…
Pedodontics is a specialty focused on diagnosing and treating children’s dental issues. A pediatric dentist works with children starting in infancy through young adulthood. The pediatric dentist helps children achieve and maintain good oral health. Learn more about pediatric dentistry to understand why it is important for your child’s oral health.Children usually begin getting primary…
Baby dental crowns are commonly used in pediatric dentistry as ways to restore teeth that are in bad shape. They are strong and can significantly improve the way children eat, speak and smile. One question that often comes up from parents in regards to baby dental crowns is how long they last. Ready to learn…