Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistDumont, NJ
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Nova Pediatric Dentistry strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Nova Pediatric Dentistry spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Nova Pediatric Dentistry can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together we can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Dumont
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
A kid friendly dentist has many important jobs in your child’s oral wellness. Aside from cleaning your child’s teeth at semiannual appointments, the dentist will check on jaw and bite issues. As your son or daughter gets older, the dentist will also check on how the permanent teeth are coming in. There are ways the…
Getting your child to their twice per year kids dental cleaning can sometimes be a struggle. Between juggling different schedules and managing other aspects of a parents life it is easy for this to get pushed aside or forgotten about. However, ensuring that kids have their bi-annual checkup with their dentist is very important even…
One of the responsibilities of a parent is to take children to a kid-friendly dentist, which is important for their oral health. The baby teeth play a crucial role during childhood, from chewing and talking to preserving the space for incoming permanent teeth. If a baby tooth is lost prematurely, it could disrupt the teeth’…
Caring for your child’s teeth is important, and a kid friendly dentist can help you do that properly. But you might have some questions about the dental exam for your child. For example, you may wonder when to bring in your child. Continue reading to find out the answers to your frequently asked questions.Some parents…